The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy have produced the Good work plan (pdf) in December 2018. This plan sets out the government’s vision for the future of the UK labour market.
The Good Work Plan sets out:
- our vision for the future of the UK labour market
- how the government will implement the recommendations arising from the Taylor Review of Modern Working Practices.
The plan finds that the government:
- will legislate to give all workers the right to request a more stable contract
- think prolonged use of these contracts is unfair and we accept Matthew Taylor’s recommendation to ban the use of this type of contract to avoid agency workers’ equal pay rights
- will extend the time required to break a period of continuous service to make it easier for employees to access their rights.