You can send any questions or comments about this statement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How we use personal data
Here are some examples of how and why we process personal data and the legal basis under GDPR for each use:
- If your organisation is or becomes a member, associate member or observer of Equally Ours, or if you are or become a member of the Equally Ours Research Network, we collect your name, email address and organisational information to work with you. This is covered by the legitimate interest basis.
- If you register for our events, we collect your name and email address to communicate with you about this event. This counts as a legitimate interest.
- If you subscribe to our newsletter, we collect your name and email address to send you regular updates. You give your consent by subscribing.
Collecting and managing your data
We mainly collect your personal information through online forms. We only hold the data necessary for your involvement with us, and use it only for these purposes.
We use third parties such as MailChimp, Google Forms and Eventbrite to manage your personal data for communications and events. In these cases, you will provide your information directly to them and they will be responsible for protecting your personal data.
When we work in collaboration with other organisations, we may share your personal information with them if it is necessary to deliver the programme or event, for example your name or email address and access requirements.
We do not sell your information for marketing.
We review our retention periods for personal information and delete outdated records. We will securely hold your personal information for as long as is necessary for your participation, or as long as is set out by any contractual agreement with you, or as long as we are legally required by other types of contractual obligations. For example, some funders require us to keep data for a certain time for evaluation or audit reasons.
Our security precautions
We have a range of measures in place to safeguard and secure all data that we hold, including your personal information, and will review and update those measures regularly.
Updating your contact information and preferences
We offer regular opportunities for you to update your contact information and preferences. For example, our newsletters include an unsubscribe option.
After you have participated in any of our programmes or attended our events, we may follow up with further information or evaluation forms and ask if you would like to hear about similar opportunities.
You are able to update your contact information and preferences, including opting out at any time, by emailing us at email@example.com. We will act upon your request as soon as possible.
Your data rights
You can find out about the rights that you have over your personal data on the Information Commissioner’s website.
If you would like a copy of the information we hold about you please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that any information we are holding about you is wrong or incomplete, please email us at the above address. We will promptly make any corrections you request.
These are small files put on your device to collect information about how you use the site.
- understand how you browse the site (so we can keep improving it),
- remember your preferences for font size and contrast (so you don’t have to keep setting it),
- remember what notifications you’ve seen (so we don’t show the same one twice).
You can choose to accept or decline cookies when you visit our website.
Cookies on equallyours.org.uk
Below are a few of the cookies we use. If you’d like to talk to someone in person about any of these, get in touch.
|_ga||This lets us know if you’ve visited our site before.||2 years|
|_gat||This helps us manage page view requests.||10 minutes|