The government published its Roadmap on 11 May 2020. It set out that non-essential retail businesses may be reopened in phases from 1 June, where and when it is safe to do so, and if those businesses can meet new working safely during coronavirus guidelines.
To support the development of such guidelines, the government will establish five ministerially-led ‘taskforces.’
- Pubs and restaurants (Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy)
- Non-essential retail (including salons) (Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy)
- Recreation and leisure, including tourism, culture and heritage, libraries, entertainment and sport (Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport)
- Places of worship (Ministry for Housing, Communities and Local government)
- International aviation (Department for Transport)
Each taskforce will be chaired by a minister from each of the departments set out above.