Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual) have launched a consultation on the arrangements for non-exam assessment (NEA) and fieldwork activities in some GCSE, AS and A level subjects that will be undertaken by students taking exams in summer 2022.
This consultation is open to anyone who wishes to respond. It will be of most interest to:
- students who will be taking GCSE, AS or A level exams in summer 2022
- teachers of those qualifications
- exam boards
They are seeking views on proposals that to carry forward changes agreed for summer 2021 for some subjects to take account of any public health restrictions relating to coronavirus (COVID-19) that might be in place during the next academic year.
This consultation covers:
- non-exam assessments in dance, design and technology, drama (and theatre), film studies, food preparation and nutrition, media studies, music, music technology, and physical education (PE)
- fieldwork activities in geography, geology and environmental science
- assessment of speaking skills in GCSE modern foreign languages (MFL)
assessment of spoken language in GCSE English language