The Trades Union Congress published in August 2016 their guidance, ‘Challenging racism after the EU referendum: An action plan for challenging racism and xenophobia‘.
The paper sets out what government and employers can and should do now to tackle racism and xenophobia. The key areas for recommendations are:
1. Swift government action on hate crime
2. A cross-government action plan to tackle racism and discrimination
3. Zero tolerance of racism and harassment at work
4. Strengthening anti-discrimination rights and protection
5. Increasing support and advice at work