Together’s new report (pdf) report seeks to inspire and enable everyone in Scotland to put children’s human rights at the heart of everything they do.
It has been developed as a practical guide to support public authorities, the third sector, organisations and individuals as we approach implementation of the UNCRC (Incorporation) (Scotland) Bill. It demonstrates the importance of:
- Children’s participation in decision making;
- Inclusive communications;
- Situations where a child’s rights are at risk of not being fulfilled;
- Access to justice;
- Raising awareness of rights;
- Child rights budgeting; and
- Children’s rights impact assessments.
The report is the result of many months of engagement with our members and supporters – including a survey, webinar series and detailed interviews.
The report identifies common challenges and steps being taken across the above themes, case studies of promising practice, resources and practical suggestions.