The Sutton Trust have published a May 2017 Mobility Manifesto which sets out ten practical policy steps to put social mobility at the heart of the election campaign.
The Sutton Trust calls on the next government to:
- Guarantee that all disadvantaged children have access to the best early years education
- Ensure that disadvantaged pupils in schools are properly funded through the Pupil Premium
- Ensure that grammar schools provide fair access to disadvantaged pupils
- Develop an effective national programme for highly able state school pupils
- Provide opportunities for young people to develop essential life skills beyond their core curriculum