Date: Thursday, June 17th 2021
Time: 9:30 AM — 1:00 PM
The Public Policy Exchange will be hosting a webinar on Ending Conversion Therapy: Supporting Those at Risk and Addressing the Drivers of Conversion Therapy.
If you or your colleagues would like to attend this webinar, please register here
This symposium provides a timely opportunity for key stakeholders to discuss government plans to ban the practice, as well as ways in which other stakeholders can help to clamp down on conversion therapies and support those at risk and vulnerable.
- Discuss the government’s approach to banning conversion therapies and its current work to criminalising such activities
- Analyse how the pandemic has affected global attempts to clamp down on conversion therapies
- Identify ways to protect those at risk and vulnerable to imposed or self-referred to conversion therapies
- Examine the drivers of conversion therapy, including religious reasons, and discuss how they can be addressed
- Compare international responses to conversion therapies and whether they can be applied to the UK
- Analyse the existing legislative framework and how that can be utilised to clamp down on practices that used as part of conversion therapies
- Discuss the role of the police and health authorities in protecting those at risk of being subjected to conversion therapies