This summary report details the topline findings of the Scottish Charity Regulator’s research into the impact of COVID-19.
The objectives of the research were to:
- Understand the impact that COVID-19 had had on charities at the time of the research
- Quantify what sources of support were being considered and used
- Explore the most effective ways in which OSCR and other third sector organisations can support the sector throughout this time
Representatives of all charities on the Scottish Charity Register were invited to participate in the research, with the following few exclusions:
- Individuals who were the contact for multiple charities were invited to participate only once
- Charities for whom OSCR had no email address on record
The research was conducted between 5th and 15th May 2020, with 4,827 charities participating.