The Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government are seeking views on the implementation of the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017.
The deadline for responses is 15 October 2019.
The Homelessness Reduction Act aims to reduce homelessness and halve rough sleeping by 2022, and end it altogether.
This consultation seeks to gather evidence on:
- The impact the Act has had and the outcomes that are being achieved
- How has the Act changed the approach of local housing authorities and their partners to tackling homelessness and supporting those in need
- The experience of people approaching their local housing authority for help
- How the implementation of the Act has been resourced, including the level of new burdens funding to assist this
- What elements of the Act and processes are working well, and which might need adjustment