In May 2020, LGBT Foundation published findings from the largest and most substantive research into the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on LGBT communities in the United Kingdom to date.
Hidden Figures: The Impact of the Covid-19 Pandemic on LGBT Communities is a culmination of the findings from an online survey, existing research on LGBT health inequalities, and LGBT Foundation’s own unpublished service user data.
Key findings include:
- 42% would like to access support for their mental health at this time
- 8% do not feel safe where they are currently staying
- 18% are concerned that this situation is going to lead to substance or alcohol misuse or trigger a relapse
- 64% said that they would rather receive support during this time from an LGBT specific organisation
- 16% had been unable to access healthcare for non-Covid related issues• 34% of people have had a medical appointment cancelled
- 23% were unable to access medication or were worried that they might not be able to access medication