Date: Thursday 28th January 2021
Time: 10:00am -12:30pm
Friends, Families and Travellers are inviting education professionals, equality organisations, politicians and people from Gypsy, Roma and Traveller communities to attend Inclusion of Gypsy, Traveller and Roma histories in the school curriculum.
The event will include discussions on how the inclusion of Gypsy, Roma and Traveller histories and cultures, and education about the Holocaust, can be an effective tool to combat hatred, discrimination and prejudice in society.
- Anti-Bullying Alliance
- Chelsea McDonagh, Education Policy Officer at The Traveller Movement
- Speaker from the Department of Education
- Oliver Petrovich, young person from the Roma community, sharing a personal perspective
- Marko Pecak, Research Officer, Roma Education Fund
- Natalie Stables, Head of Service, Salford Ethnic Minority and Traveller Achievement Service (EMTAS)
- Sherrie Smith, Gypsies and Travellers Essex and Bucks New University
- Suzanna King, Writer and Director of Crystal’s Vardo, a Friends, Families and Travellers production
- Prof Dr Rainer Schulze, Professor Modern European History at the University of Essex
- Terezia Rostas, Roma Educational Consultant and Advocate