This report is produced by the Food Foundation and presents data collected from seven rounds of nationally representatives UK-wide surveys to monitor food insecurity impacted by Covid-19. Surveying was undertaken between March 2020 and January 2021. Data referring to the current situation is from surveys conducted in January 2021.
- Despite vital emergency measures in place, more people are food insecure now than before the pandemic
- Households with children have been hit hard, with many children still falling through the cracks in support
- Existing support schemes have made a difference, but gaps have meant many people still struggle to eat adequately
- Covid-19 has dramatically widened inequalities in food security and nutrition.
- Review free school means
- Pay fair and keep the uplift
- Leadership and action on food insecurity