‘The Agenda 2030 project will only succeed if we deliver the SDGs with human rights embedded within them.’
This is from the FRA report, released June 2019, on fundamental rights in the EU context (pdf). The focus of this year’s report is the relationship between EU rights and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), with other chapters covering various titles of the Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union, including Equality, Freedoms, and Justice.
The report also covers key themes from the past year, including:
- The use of the EU Charter of Fundamental Rights,
- Equality and non-discrimination,
- Racism, xenophobia and related intolerance,
- Roma integration,
- Asylum, borders and migration,
- Information society, privacy and data protection,
- Children’s rights,
- Access to justice, including rights of crime victims,
- The implementation of the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.