Help make a reality of people’s equality and human rights in the UK. Could you be our new Chair?
Equally Ours’ vision is a just and compassionate society, where we are free from harm and can all contribute and flourish, whoever we are, whatever we believe in and whatever we do and don’t have. A society that is equally ours.
Our mission is to advance people’s equality and human rights in the UK. We do this by connecting people, our members, and networks, and using our collective evidence, expertise, strength and influence to create change.
Our ten-year strategy (2022-2032), Together for social justice, sets out our bold agenda to increase equality and strengthen rights at scale. Our three big issues are law, climate and investment:
- Protecting and improving the law on equality and human rights
- Embedding climate justice into local and national strategies and policy on climate adaptation
- Increasing investment in solutions to the root causes of inequality and rights abuse.
We are looking for a Chair with charity governance and leadership skills and experience, and a generous-spirited world view, to help us grow and keep increasing our impact.
We are a small, dynamic charity with a friendly, supportive board and staff team and an ambitious vision and mission.
How to apply
Please read the role profile below. To discuss the role informally prior to submitting an application contact Co-CEO Clare Moody: email@example.com
Send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org putting Chair recruitment in the subject line:
- your written or video CV.
- A 2 page or 6 minute video expression of interest. Explain why you want to be the next chair of Equally Ours; and the most relevant knowledge, experiences, skills and qualities you would bring to the role of chair. Please read the role responsibilities and the criteria in the person specification: relate your expression of interest to them, giving examples that demonstrate how you meet the criteria.
We are happy to make any reasonable adjustments at any stage in the process, please email email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 9.00 am on Tuesday 5th March 2024.
Interviews: morning of Mon 25th March and/or morning of Weds 27th March.
Note: please do not reapply if you applied in the January 2024 recruitment.