Following the concerns raised in the 2014 Invisible Workforce report, the Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) convened an industry-led Taskforce to develop practical and cost-effective solutions.
The Cleaning Taskforce is chaired by Commissioner Caroline Waters. The Taskforce is committed to improving working conditions for cleaning operatives across the cleaning industry by:
- promoting employers’ compliance with employment law and improving workers’
- understanding of employment rights;
- improving the impact of public and private sector procurement of cleaning services on
- employment conditions in the sector; and
- encouraging the respectful treatment of cleaning operatives’.