Disability Rights UK We Belong report sets out key recommendations for the National Strategy for Disabled People.
The report is a result of a campaign that engaged hundreds of disabled people and organisations to gain the views of disabled people on what societal change is required.
The report provides recommendations in five key areas:
- Foundations: radical change to rights, voice and participation
- Independence: enabling support, choice and control
- Inclusion: removing societal barriers
- Attitudes: changing perceptions
- Protections: outlawing crimes