The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (DBEIS) are consulting on a proposal to give unpaid carers the right to a week of unpaid leave each year to provide care. This is an open consultation, and closes on 3 August 2020.
Responses to the consultation will help inform the Department on:
- how carers use existing employment rights
- who should be eligible to take the leave
- what the leave can be taken for
- how the leave would be available to take and the process for taking the leave
- the costs and benefits to employers and employees.