We recommend that the Government publish and maintain a definitive list of all organisations that fall within the scope of the Gender Pay Gap Regulations.
This is one of the recommendations from the Government on the Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Committee’s report on the Gender Pay gap (pdf), in January 2019.
The government recommends:
- That they work with the Equalities and Human Rights Commission, business groups and other stakeholders to clarify outstanding areas of ambiguity and to publish revised guidance accordingly
- That they review the gender pay gap reporting requirements with a view to aligning them with other business reporting requirements from next year
- That when the Regulations are amended, the requirement for information on salary quartiles is changed to deciles
- That when the Regulations are amended that both parttime and full-time gender pay gap statistics are required to be published
- That the Government Equalities Offices makes clear in its annual report the steps it is taking to co-ordinate government policy on this issue.